Only Black Images from Batch Conversion Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Only Black Images from Batch Conversion Output

I have IrfanView on my desktop and on my laptop. Using my laptop batch conversion of multiple images from one format into another or resizing works without issue, on my desktop it only outputs black images. I went through the settings and they're the same on both machines. The desktop is a fairly new install.

Not enough information to do on. Show us a screenshot of the Advanced Batch dialog, and attach an exported file.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Comment

You have set the custom colours to 0, the resulting image has just one colour. Any colour you like as long as it is black ?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Doesn't seem to matter:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IrfanView2.png
Views:	208
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	92731

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210425_144614059_iOS.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	92732

?

Comment

What's the source image format? Do the pictures display correctly in IrfanView?
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

They display in the selection pane, however the preview pane shows the output photos as being black. What's weird is I have the same install of irfanview with the same settings on my laptop and it will convert the photos just fine. The source format is *.heic the output format is *.jpg. Handles this on the laptop with out issue, on the desktop I just get black images.

**edit**

Edit to this, I just ran this again using *.jpg files and just doing a batch conversion to reduce the size to 1024 x 768 and the outputs were fine. Are there libraries for picture formats I might have to install, or something similar? I'm not very familiar with these types of things.
              Last edited by moon; 07.10.2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

IrfanView relies on Windows Imaging Component to load HEIC images. You need to install these components from Microsoft Store to open HEIC images:
                HEIF Image Extensions
                HEVC Video Extensions
                My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

I haven't used this computer for a hot minute so I apologize I didn't respond with thanks earlier for everyone who responded.

If anyone else runs into this issue and doesn't want to pay microsoft a b.s. microtransaction fee here's another link: https://codecpack.co/download/hevc-v...xtensions.html

Thank you again to everyone who responded.

Comment

Working...
                  X