Folder with images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folder with images

I have used IrfanView for many, many years without a problem. Now suddenly this happens:
    After I open IrfanView and then click on File-->Open… for the folder that contains the image that I plan to work on, the folder with all the images it contains completely fills my monitor screen, including the task bar. There is no provision for reducing its size. However, the image that I select opens in a normal size.

Double-click on the window title bar of the File Open dialog.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Is this the area where I should double click? And where in the menu?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2760.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	805.6 KB
ID:	92845

Comment

Not in the IrfanView window, in the file open dialog. Your screenshot shows the menu in the IrfanView window. There is no menu in the file open dialog, and no minimise, restore, or maximise icons - only a close button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	File Open Dialog.png
Views:	185
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	92847

Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

When I click Open then File in IrfanView, the folder that opens completely fills my 24'' monitor screen with, as you said above, no minimise, restore, or maximise icons - only a close button (please see attachment). Clicking on a subsequent folder also opens full screen. Finally, when I select an image, it opens within IrfanView at a "normal' size.

Now here is the important part: The above described problem only happens when I am in IrfanView—Never, never in any other operations using my PC. Would that not indicate that a fix for that problem should be within IrfanView. Or is the "full screen" feature not a problem, but rather an "improvement that can't be changed??

P.S. I uninstalled and reinstalled IrfanView and still get the full screen view. Let me add that I love the IrfanView app and have used it extensively for many, many years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	24''Screen.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	92924

Comment

Double-click the title bar of the dialog, then it won't fill the whole screen, and is resizable. Its size will be remembered.

Comment

Working...
            X