Cannot remove "Browse with IrfanView" context menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot remove "Browse with IrfanView" context menu

Hey I've been using this program since Win7, I suppose I found it better than the others and had no reason the change since(first post here is why I'm saying that ), now I have a little problem.
    As in the title, I untick the check box "Add Browse with IrfanView for Drives and Folders to shell menu" but it comes back immediately, any idea?

Run IrfanView as an Administrator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Run as Administrator.png
Views:	240
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	92799
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In my case, the option was checked, but when I tried to use "Browse with IrfanView" from the Shell menu, the application was not found. Guessing that and older version of IrfanView had been removed, I ran IrfanView 4.58 as Administrator, cleared the checkbox, and the menu item disappeared. I then re-enabled it, and the Shell menu item now finds IrfanView OK.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X