How to get started scanning-- program does not list my connected scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get started scanning-- program does not list my connected scanner

I have been using Irfanview for several years, but my computer died and i bought a new one. So i just downloaded Irfanview to it, and when i try to scan something from my Canon TR4520 all-in-one, no scanners show in the box for where to scan to. It says something about Twain drivers needing to be installed, but what the heck is that? (I did try to find this out by searching topic "scanner can't be found" but didn't find an answer.) How do i do that? Thank you all in advance.
    By the way, other than the "getting started" problem i seem to have with all tech matters, Irfanview always seemed very simple. My son added GIMP to my new computer as my main photoprocessing tool, but i just needed to scan a photo tonight so i thought, "I bet getting Irfanview back would get me that scan sooner than trying to learn a new-to-me program!" But not if it can't communicate with my scanner-copier-printer.

Is the Scanner/Printer switched on?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you have a compact disc that came with your scanner, you can probably find drivers on it. If you currently have 64-bit IrfanView, try 32-bit because the driver is probably 32-bit. Windows may have some built-in support for scanning, but the Twain application usually has more options.

Comment

Working...
      X