Selections go weird with mouse movement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selections go weird with mouse movement

I noticed that a while ago, but only now I got time to talk about it here.

When I am making a selection, the mouse somehow senses something (maybe the app's border) and scrolls on the image, and this makes the selection get weird.
    ?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Irfan_selection_issue_01.png Views:	0 Size:	205.2 KB ID:	94042

So I have to start over to make another selection, taking care to not let the mouse do that scroll thing (sometimes I have to zoom out to get this control).

What's that? A bug? Or maybe I'm missing some setting?

TIA.

IrfanView 4.59 32-bit
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1566
    Last edited by Paultx; 24.02.2022, 10:21 PM.
    Desktop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i7 • 12 GB RAM
    Laptop PC: Windows 10 Pro - 64-bit • Intel Core i5 • 6 GB RAM
    IrfanView 4.60 • 32-bit

Unable to reproduce here. If there are scroll bars, the image scrolls down with the selection, but it remains rectangular.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I'm using selection pretty often and I've never seen it to behave like in the screenshot.
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

This is pretty weird. I'd try another mouse, update the mouse driver (if there is one), update the graphics driver
        and the board drivers. Don't know if this can help, it's just a guess.
        Last edited by Kuki Dent; 09.03.2022, 10:09 AM. Reason: Typo
        Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

I have report a similar issue here:
          Look what append... i take a screenshot of my screen: immagine.png I have opened a JPG files from my PC. Try to select a area and when i resize the selected area this happens and everything is pixelatedhat happens is what and everything is pixelated. How it's append ? I try to use the latest Irfanview 64 and 32bit 4.59 on my

It's someone can have some suggest how it's fixable this issue ?

Comment

Working...
          X