Load thumbs from all subfolders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load thumbs from all subfolders

Is there a way to toggle "load thumbs from all subfolders" in irfanview thumbnails for all folders in the sidetree? currently the option in "Options" only applies to the selected folder

In Thumbnails window: Options > Load thumbs from all subfolders does the trick for me. So no such problem here.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
      In Thumbnails window: Options > Load thumbs from all subfolders does the trick for me. So no such problem here.
      is there a check mark next to that option for you?

Comment

There is no check box. I just click on the menu entry and the loading process starts .
        Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by htg02349 View Post
          Is there a check mark next to that option for you?
          The option is on the menu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Load thumbs from all subfolders.png
Views:	288
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	94727
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

but the option does not apply when i change the folder, i.e i have to then again press the option for the subdirs thumbs to show, so i was wondering if there is way to keep that option enabled
            Last edited by htg02349; 16.05.2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

You have to click on that item every time you want to use it.
              Think about how long it would last to load all images if you always have this option on with a dir and subdirs with thousands of images in each dir.
              So to my opinion this option is desirable, but also would have its drawbacks.

Comment

Working...
              X