Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win10 Irfan 64 convert image to 32 bit

Hi,
    I have several jpg photos (downloaded from my Android phone) that I want to save as 32 bits on my irfan64 app. How can I do it?
    thks

Why? Is this for an online catalogue to place objects on a page with transparent backgrounds?
    You could save as PNG and pick the transparent colour, but the result will likely not be useable.
    You need a photo-editing application to cut out the background.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hotei.png
Views:	413
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	95010
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The reason for conversion to 32 bits is for the sake of using the pictures with a 3D conversion application that can not handle 64 bits. Very simple - some older 32 bits applications can not handle 64 bits data.

Comment

JPEG is only 24 bpp. Are you sure about the image format?

Irfanview can load 64 bpp images in PNG or TIFF, for example, and output them as 24 bpp.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Something lost in translation here. JPG images have 24-bit colour, or 8-bit if grayscale.
          I never heard of a 64-bit JPG image.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

The "bitness" of an application is unrelated to the bit depth of an image. A 64-bit application can accomplish some tasks faster than a 32-bit one because it has access to additional instructions on the processor, but either can ultimately process all bit depths by working with a sets of smaller numbers if needed. The formats written by 64-bit IrfanView are the same, and all are 24-bit (or 8-bit per channel) because there little need for more in practice.

Comment

Working...
            X