Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch Conversion - resize to 1000x1000 square without stretching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Batch Conversion - resize to 1000x1000 square without stretching?

I have a lot of odd shaped images, some portrait and some landscape.

I want to batch convert them all to 1000 x 1000 squares, but preserving the aspect ratio - ie. so it will need to be padded in one direction with white space. Some might need to be reduced in size to 1000 while some smaller ones might need to be increased to 1000 (both based on the long edge)

Is it possible to do this either in one pass, or maybe a couple of passes? I've tried a few combinations but so far it will only increase or decrease the size according to the long edge, but it still ends up in portrait/landscape not a square.
    Last edited by jxm28; 05.08.2022, 03:10 PM. Reason: spelling

These settings seem to work for me. A black border is added to each side to make the images square.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize to 1000 pixels.png
Views:	262
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	95471
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If the image is landscape, the borders will be added top and bottom. If it is smaller than 1,000 pixels, they will be added on all four sides. Change the canvas colour in the Set canvas size dialog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Opera Blog.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	95473Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Dhammapada-and-its-Commentary-by-Bhikkhu-Pesala--(MBPH)-5.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	95474
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

awesome, that does exactly what I wanted! I just set the colour to white. I thought there must be a way, but would never have found that solution on my own.

Can you change the subject to "solved"? I can't seem to edit it...

Thanks! 😁

Comment

Working...
        X