Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to sort images in IrfanView so I don't have to open them from my file manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to sort images in IrfanView so I don't have to open them from my file manager?

It's really annoying to press the right arrow in IrfanView ("move" to the next picture) just for it to open some .dxf or other weird files, sometimes in completely different directories.

I want to move my images by date, in the directory where I've opened IrfanView from, and only open images (jpg, qoi, png, jpeg, tif, bmp, etc.). Is any of these possible? I really love the speed and features of IrfanView and it would hurt a lot if I'd have to leave it behind because of such stupid problems.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.09.2022, 05:19 PM. Reason: Removed shouting

See the Options menu, Sort File List submenu.

To omit certain file types opened while browsing, go to Settings, Extensions, Load Custom File types, and edit the list to remove |DXF or any other file types that you wish to exclude.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In Options - Properties/Settings - Extensions you can specify a limited number of image formats to open when browsing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_20220912-132022.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	95673
      Note the formats are separated by the vertical bar symbol "|"

I have never had IrfanView open an image from another directory. Not sure why that would happen.

Comment

Working...
      X