How to disable antialiasing of text fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to disable antialiasing of text fonts

I need to disable antialiasing of text fonts. IrfanPaint has Text/Antialiased text options.
    For the Microsoft mspaint I can disable antialising in the whole Windows (Performance Options - Smooth edges of screen fonts - uncheck). But IrfanView Insert Text (Ctrl T) (which I prefer) does not respect the Windows settings and I do not know how to disable AA. (I use IV 4.57 version ).

Click image for larger version

Name:	aa.png
Views:	269
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	96556
    Last edited by bflmpsvz; 08.12.2022, 02:15 PM.

I don't understand why you ask. Your image clearly shows the difference between the antalialised text (left ) and the normal text (right),
    which does not have smooth roundings and sides.
    Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by bflmpsvz View Post
      I use IV 4.57 version.
      Any good reason why you're using such an outdated version. IrfanView 4.60 was released in March 2022, so that is about due for an update.

Not that it will make any difference to your issue, but other bugs fixes and improvements have been made.

Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
        I don't understand why you ask. Your image clearly shows the difference between the antalialised text (left ) and the normal text (right),
        which does not have smooth roundings and sides.
        🙄 I am asking how to achieve the normal text (right), when Insert Text offer only the antialiased (left).

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Any good reason why you're using such an outdated version.
          Well, the reason is the pngout plugin, the 4.57 version is the last one which work with it. I use it very often for images with 256 colors, and pngout makes smaller files, and I have chance to stop it during compression. Unfortunately, the OptiPNG is so much worse in these two features, that I still keep the 4.57 version.

Comment

It's working as intended for me. If I switch from Antialiased text to Text, I get sharp text. This is independent on Windows settings.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
              It's working as intended for me. If I switch from Antialiased text to Text, I get sharp text. This is independent on Windows settings.
              But I was asking for Insert Text (Ctrl-T) which has no switch from Antialiased to Text.

Comment

Working...
              X