Is there a way to disable messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to disable messages?

I have a lot of files I'm going through and some of them are corrupt and cause IV to give a message: "Decode error, Unsupported marker type 0x3f". I would like to turn this off as for me it isn't helpful and disruptive to my workflow.

Settings, File Handling, and disable Ask to rename if incorrect extension.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I still get the message, to be clear it's this one

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	96646

Comment

If you try to open a corrupted file, the program will show an error message. That's expected. If you wish to remove corrupted files, you may use IrfanView Thumbnails, where those will be easily visible.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
          If you try to open a corrupted file, the program will show an error message. That's expected. If you wish to remove corrupted files, you may use IrfanView Thumbnails, where those will be easily visible.
          I'd rather ignore them and deal with them another time, if the answer is "no you can't turn off messages" very well, I'll figure something else out.

Comment

Working...
          X