• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble inserting images into emails after software upgrade

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome-capture-2023-2-7 (3).png
Views:	188
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	97444Hi. I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and Irfanview 4.62 64-bit and ever since then, whenever I insert an image into a Gmail email (not as an attachment, as I want it embedded in the email), it only shows a filename, not the actual image. I've tried saving it as different formats... I've tried inserting the file, copy/pasting the image - it makes no difference. I didn't have any problems before I upgraded. Help please! (I'm considering going back to the older version as a last resort...)
    Last edited by Leslie; 07.03.2023, 05:05 PM.

Probably an issue with file associations in Windows 11, rather than a problem with IrfanView.

I got a new Windows 11 machine. I tried to install Irfanview 4.60 64-bit. The I tried to use Iview to associate jpg files with it. But it didn't work. What happened was now I can no longer associate JPG files with any app since there is no JPG file entry in the control panel for default app file types. Win11 does something
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikku. Thanks very much for your reply. I think all my file associations are OK (although I certainly did have problems setting up associations initially in Windows 11) - every image I click on gets loaded into Irfanview by default, no problem. However, there is one thing I didn't mention. When I insert the image into my email, it comes up OK there. It's when that email reaches the recipient that the images don't show up. This only happens with images that I have saved in Irvanview, and I am using images that have sent perfectly before I upgraded. It's just when I edit them again in this new setup and save that the problem starts. ?

Comment

Working...
      X