Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Command line convert extremely slow

Hi

I'm trying to use Irfanview in command line mode to convert a few files from PDN (Paint.net) to JPG, but I must be doing something wrong, because the conversion takes hours for just a single file, while the same operation in the normal GUI mode only takes a few seconds or less.

Here's the command I'm using:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\iview453_x64\i_view64.exe" c:\temp\01.pdn /convert=c:\temp\01.jpg

Can someone please help?

Cheers,
    Pipanni
    Irfanview 4.62, both 64 and 32 bit versions. Windows 10 Home 22H2

IrfanView 4-bit should be installed in C:\Program Files\ though I doubt if that is the cause of your issues. How big are the PDN files (in pixels)?

Upgrade to the latest version 4.62 with the appropriate plugins. Both 64-bit and 32-bit versions can be installed and used simultaneously.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately now I get another error: Error! Can't load: 'c:\temp\01.pdn'

The PDN I'm using as a test has 900px by 900px and 7 layers. It takes less than a second to convert to JPG if I just open Irfanview and do it by hand.

Things I tried (and got the same "error: can't load" result or the previous "many hours to convert one file" problem):
      - starting the CMD as admin
      - using irfanview 32 bit
      - installing all the plugins

My last command was this:
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\temp\01.pdn /convert=c:\temp\01.jpg

...and this is the one that outputs the " Error! Can't load: 'c:\temp\01.pdn' " screen.

What else can I try? I would really really like to build an automated batch script to help me with image conversions, but right now manual seems to be the only way it works

Cheers,
      Pipanni

Comment

IrfanView does not support layers, so it would have to merge the seven layers on loading the file. That may explain the delay. If you convert from the program UI, then the file is already loaded and the layers are merged.

Please zip and attach the file to the forum for others to test. C:\TEMP\ may be case-sensitive?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I haven't loaded the file in the UI, I just used the batch conversion shortcut from the menu and everything worked fine and super fast.

I now have a bigger problem: I just unistalled Irfanview 64 and reinstalled it again (along with all plugins) and now the "Error: can't load" is also on the UI

What should I do?

By the way here's the zipped PDN in attachment.
          Attached Files

Comment

Enable the IMPDN.DLL plugin from the Help, Installed plugins submenu. Only IrfanView 32-bit has the required menu. IrfanView 64-bit does not support Paintnet files.

Your file loads in 172 milliseconds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paintnet Plugin.png
Views:	131
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	97495

Comment

"C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.exe" c:\temp\01.pdn /convert=c:\temp\01.jpg worked for me.

Comment

Ahah, I also arrived at this solution by searching the internet for an answer ?
                Yep, it's also working for me, thanks a lot!

By the way, here is the finished comic, if you want to see it: http://www.pipanni.com/comics/rapunzel

Cheers,
                Pipanni

Comment

Working...
                X