Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost my shortcuts for "1" and "2" in fullscreen, where to set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my shortcuts for "1" and "2" in fullscreen, where to set?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the workflow of IrfanView, but it's been very difficult. I have 25 years experience with Windows and different image viewers, and over the time I've learned that one of the unwritten rules of workflow is that windowed and fullscreen mode should always control the same way, including the keyboard shortcuts. I mean, it's common sense, really.

Somehow IrfanView doesn't seem to honor that ergonomic. It seems extremely cumbersome to use, and i feel that for every feature there's one shortcut for windowed mode, but a mandatory completely different shortcut for fullscreen mode. (Or have i missed some important setting in the preferences?)

I learned that "1" and "2" can be used to quickly go to "1:1" and "fit to screen" in fullscreen mode. But those do not work in windowed mode. I tried to setup custom shortcuts "1" and "2" for windowed mode, and it worked, but, oh the horror, they didn't work in fullscreen anymore!

I lost the fullscreen shortcuts and now I can't find where to set those back. Please help me.

And a related question: Is it not possible to have consistent shortcuts in windowed and fullscreen for the most important functions in IrfanView?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.03.2023, 11:06 AM.

Right-click on any menu item to edit the shortcut.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6648.png
Views:	111
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	97554
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

But this is for the windowed mode, if i try to do this in the the fullscreen mode, there is no menu to access this.

Comment

I guess that explains why the Fullscreen mode and Windowed mode use different shortcuts.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, my "1" and "2" keys in fullscreen mode still don't work. Is there an INI file i can access to edit those back? I didn't find anything, but they must be stored somewhere.

Comment

The fullscreen shortcuts must be coded in the executable. Restore the default shortcuts for Windowed mode.

Comment

Working...
            X