Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXIF Info "Show in Google Maps" not working 32bit and 64bit versions Windows 8 x64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXIF Info "Show in Google Maps" not working 32bit and 64bit versions Windows 8 x64

I realize that Windows 8 is no longer supported but I wanted to post Info on the issue as Brave is growing in popularity rapidly.

PROBLEM:

I have irfanview x64 bit version installed. If I open a jpg photo with exif info that contains GPS location then click the i blue icon at the top for information about the picture then click the "EXIF Info*" button then click the "Show in Google Maps" button something happens but the browser fails to open up google maps. This only started happening after I installed Brave Browser and made it the default browser.

SOLUTION:
    • With Brave set as default browser, Close Brave and reopen including saved tabs and now it works. Note: l I often leave Brave open with 20+ tabs and set my computer to sleep vs doing a clean reboot.
    • If I make Chrome default browser it works on my Windows 8 computer.
    • If I use my Windows 10 computer where Brave is set as the default browser it also works.
    Last edited by mrbios; 30.07.2023, 02:02 AM.

Thanks, but this looks like a bug in Brave, not in IrfanView, since it works OK with Chrome as the default browser. Have you reported it to the Brave team?
    If you link to a file with Exif Info, or zip it and attach it to the forum. I can test it in Vivaldi browser.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X