AVIF files skipped over when browsing through a folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVIF files skipped over when browsing through a folder

Irfanview opens AVIF files for me no problem if I doubleclick on an AVIF file outright, however if I'm browsing through the pictures in a folder (scrolling through) that contains a mix of jpeg images and AVIF, the jpeg images get shown normally, but AVIFs get skipped over.

Just to clarify what I mean by the latter in case it's confusing, say you have a folder with 5 JPEGs and 5 AVIFs, I open a JPEG with Irfanview and then from within Irfanview I start mouse scrolling (which, in my case at least, moves to the next file in the folder), the JPEGs get shown fine, but all the AVIFs get skipped over. Yet if I close Irfanview and just double click on any of the AVIFs it opens them fine.

Anyone know what the problem may be?

Settings, Extensions, Load Custom file types. Make sure that AVIF are included in the list if you need to view them when browsing.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM |G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|RA|MP3|DCM|ACR |FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBMP|SGI|RGB|RL E|MED|RLE|SFF|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF| SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NE F|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2|RWL| SRW|MOS|3FR|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|CR3|DNG|PS |PDF|AI|CGM|SVG|DCM|FITS|HDP|WDP|JXR|EXR|WSQ|JLS|W BZ|WBC|MP4|MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP|VOB|MPO|PDN |XCF|WEBP|WEBM|HEIC|AVIF|DPX|CIN|FLIF|FLAC|PSB|
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Settings, Extensions, Load Custom file types. Make sure that AVIF are included in the list if you need to view them when browsing.

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|CAM |G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|RA|MP3|DCM|ACR |FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBMP|SGI|RGB|RL E|MED|RLE|SFF|JP2|JPC|J2K|JPF|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF| SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|ECW|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NE F|NRW|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW|DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|RW2|RWL| SRW|MOS|3FR|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|CR3|DNG|PS |PDF|AI|CGM|SVG|DCM|FITS|HDP|WDP|JXR|EXR|WSQ|JLS|W BZ|WBC|MP4|MKV|MTS|M2TS|TS|M2T|M4V|3GP|VOB|MPO|PDN |XCF|WEBP|WEBM|HEIC|AVIF|DPX|CIN|FLIF|FLAC|PSB|
      Hmm, I switched to load custom file types and added AVIF and it worked, but the thing is I'd prefer it to work via Windows associations. AVIF had already been associated with IV through Windows and yet it wasn't working when it was set to "load only associated types." Do you know why that may be?

Comment

Associations are for XP/7. But you can still add AVIF to "Other".
        Last edited by Jacal; 29.10.2023, 01:56 AM.
        IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Working...
        X