Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it possible to print tags (keywords) on a contact sheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved is it possible to print tags (keywords) on a contact sheet?

Is it possible to print tags (I think pre-Windows7 they used to be called keywords) on a contact sheet? I have been scanning old photos and am using printed contact sheets to show at a glance what photos are on individual photographic films, it would be good to print the tags I use to identify the subject (Uncle Fred, Auntie Mary etc) along with the thumbnails.

I would have expected the metadata plugin to do this but if it should I think I'm doing something wrong, all I can get to show/print along with the thumbnails is the individual file names - help please!

Open the help file from the create Contact Sheet dialogue to see a full list of supported tags that you can use.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry I don't understand what you're saying, the help file to which you refer lists lots of things but I can get very few of the options to work and none of them say specifically "tag" in the context I mean (the word "tag" is used in a different context within the help file). Perhaps there's something wrong with my syntax, that's why I've posted here.

Comment

IrfanView can only add IPTC or EXIF data that is included in the image files. If you have used another program to "tag" the images, IV will know nothing about it. I can add "keywords" to an image using Windows Explorer, for example, but IV won't be able to use that information.

Most cameras embed some Exif data in the images.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks, that explains it, I need to be looking for some other means of printing tags along with the images.

Comment

Working...
          X