This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
    Maybe not a separated help file, but I think that an exhaustive section in the IV help file is really needed. I don't have the time to write also the documentation, is there anybody who could do it (maybe starting from the good work already done by Bhikkhu Pesala - if he agrees)?
    Help page updated for beta 057. No problem with using any of the text or images from this IrfanPaint Section if anyone has time to write a more extensive tutorial, which could go somewhere on this site. I don't think it is worth a separate help file to bloat the download, but the Irfan Help section needs a quick update to include the new tools for IVPaint.
    Show Paint dialog

Previous Top Next

Click on the Edit Menu, select Show Paint dialog.

The Paint dialog allows you to paint or draw objects into an image, straighten an image etc.

Available operations/functions:

- Paintbrush
    - Eraser
    - Clone
    - Line
    - Arrow line
    - Ellipse
    - Rectangle
    - Floodfill
    - Color picker
    - Straighten image

Thanks to Matteo Italia for making it!
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Your tutorial is already very good, the only things missing are a mention to the magnetization function (that may confuse some users) and a detailed description of the Insert text and Pen & Brush settings dialogs. I think that, added these two things, I can ask to Irfan to insert that page in the IV help file.
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Great plugin getting better!

Has anyone yet asked to make the text used in the text tool "sticky"? Would be nice to have even between sessions, but at least during a session. Otherwise text needs to be retyped every time.

Thanks.

Comment

You can copy the text to the clipboard, and all formatting is retained.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Your tutorial is already very good, the only things missing are a mention to the magnetization function (that may confuse some users) and a detailed description of the Insert text and Pen & Brush settings dialogs. I think that, added these two things, I can ask to Irfan to insert that page in the IV help file.
            Updated to mention the magnetization function, added a description of the Insert Text dialogue, and the Pen and Brush Settings dialogue.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.03.2008, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsc37227 View Post
              Great plugin getting better!
              Thank you!
              Has anyone yet asked to make the text used in the text tool "sticky"? Would be nice to have even between sessions, but at least during a session. Otherwise text needs to be retyped every time.
              Within the same session is certainly feasible, but I'm not going to add support for it between sessions (it would bloat i_view32.ini with the RTF representation of the last input, which can be very long if many fonts are used).
              Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
              Updated to mention the magnetization function, added a description of the Insert Text dialogue, and the Pen and Brush Settings dialogue.
              Really a great work, thanks. The only little thing I would change is
              or align paragraphs left, right, or centre.
              in
              or align all the paragraphs left, right, or centre.
              to point out that all the paragraphs are aligned in the same way.
              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Within the same session is certainly feasible
                That would be good enough.
                All the paragraphs are aligned in the same way.
                Fixed

Can you fix the position of the text dialogue so that it doesn't obscure the text insertion point?

There is a problem with Alter Key + Decimal Code input on the number pad. The text buffer holds the right characters, but the output has some borked glyphs. The carriage return problem is still there too, which may be related. It is not a font problem — the select font supports all of the glyphs.
                Alter Key Input
                0256 onwards in rows of 10
                ĀāĂ㥹ĆćĈĉ
                ĊċČčĎďĐđĒē
                ĔĕĖėĘęĚěĜĝ
                ĞğĠġĢģĤĥĦħ
                ĨĩĪīĬĭįİıIJ
                Output looks wrong in the Input Text dialogue and in the image.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.03.2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

It seem to be related, because I don't have any of the problems that you report. Anyway tomorrow I'm doing debugging with matera, and I hope to resolve these issues.
                  IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Copy and Paste blocked

When IrfanPaint is activated, I cannot copy the image. The paste button greys out and no image is copied to the clipboard. If I close IrfanPaint, I can copy and paste to other programs normally.

Guy

Comment

Click the "Select" button on the Paint menu -- the arrow at top left -- to allow normal copy and paste functions. It will not copy otherwise. It should work all right then. If nnot...you might have some other problem.
                      Last edited by matera; 15.03.2008, 04:08 PM.
                      Its: Belongs to "It"
                      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                      ---------------------
                      Lose: Fail to keep
                      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Good news -- no thanks to my good intentions but wonky connection, MItaly has fixed the text line ending bug. See my attached beta test PNG
                        Last edited by matera; 25.10.2008, 02:38 AM.
                        Its: Belongs to "It"
                        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                        ---------------------
                        Lose: Fail to keep
                        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

The new IrfanPaint beta release includes the following changes:
                          • now the inserted text is remembered until IV is closed;
                          • now the font settings are saved to the INI file only if the user closes the dialog with "OK";
                          • better error handling in the Insert Text dialog and in the Pen and Brush Settings dialog;
                          • fixed a bug in the error messages composition (some error messages would have been unreadable);
                          • fixed some potential problems in string buffers handling;
                          • fixed a bug that on some machines caused an incorrect rendering of the text (a /.notdef glyph was displayed at the end of each line of text; see this post for more info);
                          • added support for the "IgnoreINIWriteErrors" setting of the INI file.

The IgnoreINIWriteErrors is a flag that I decided to add to support read-only installations of IV. If this setting is not enabled IP by default will complain if it can't write on the INI file; but if you are going to use IV & IP from a non-writable medium (e.g. a CD-ROM, a read-only network share, ...) all these error messages may be annoying, since you are already aware of the situation and you cannot do anything to fix it. To avoid them just put a
                          Code:
                          IgnoreINIWriteErrors=1
                          (or any other nonzero number) in the [Paint] section of the INI file before putting IV on the non-writable support.

@Bhikkhu Pesala:
                          Does it still have this problem?
                          Last edited by MItaly; 17.03.2008, 04:23 PM.
                          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

@Bhikkhu Pesala:
                            Does it still have this problem?
                            Yes. It is switching to the Fixedsys font for some glyphs, e.g.

0257 ā
                            0275 ē
                            0283 ě
                            0299 ī

The carriage return .notdef glyph problem is fixed though.
                            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.03.2008, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Well, I think that it's definitely a bug of the RichEdit control, since the wrong interpretation is done in first place by it (it displays them incorrectly).
                              Can you tell me which version of riched20.dll you have on your system?
                              Anyone else experience this problem?
                              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Version 3.0 File version 5.30.23.1228
                                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.03.2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X