IrfanView 4.65 = several seconds of unresponsiveness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug IrfanView 4.65 = several seconds of unresponsiveness

IrfanView 4.65 64-BIT = several seconds of unresponsiveness, even on a very powerful configuration.
    Tested on various computer configurations. Microsoft's photo viewer is MANY times faster.
    Win 10 64-bit ASUS RTX4060 64GB RAM DDR5, i5 13400F, Monitor ASUS ProArt / Disk ONLY SSD
    Look my screenshot Message "No file loaded (use File-> Open menu)"
    I have used the FAQ and nothing has ever solved this problem occurred this problem forever on many different computers and systems.
    Kliknij obrazek, aby uzyska? wi?ksz? wersj? Nazwa: Zrzut ekranu z dnia 16-12-23 o 15:24==.jpg Wy?wietle?: 0 Rozmiar: 301,7 KB ID: 98291
    Last edited by maki; 16.12.2023, 01:30 PM.

Do you have a link to the original image for testing?
    What does the Information dialog tell you about the load time?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

But I would like to emphasize that the problem with very slow loading the photo, occurs on any, yes, on any photo. No matter what size and what resolution or extension (jpg), loading has always been slow on any version of IrfanView
      No dialogue: time

Comment

Unable to reproduce the problem here. Even large images load quickly.

RAW Image

Click image for larger version  Name:	RAW Loading.png Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	98297

PNG Satellite Image

Click image for larger version  Name:	Very Large Image.png Views:	0 Size:	38.0 KB ID:	98296

Large JPG Image
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Large JPG.png
Views:	103
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	98298
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 16.12.2023, 03:58 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

At my place it shows "31 milliseconds!"
          But IrfanView doesn't respond for several seconds.
          All other photo viewers are up to 1000% times faster and do not hang.
          And I know what causes IRFAN VIEW to REALLY hang up. If the picture is in a folder with a very large number of items. (Example test 11,000+ ... 50,000+ items JPG)
          Of course, this doesn't bother for all other third-party tools for displaying photos, but it contributes to a huge drop in performance of IrfanView? (GUI?)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by maki; 16.12.2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

A while ago I found a similar topic on the forum and indeed. Disabling this setting increased the GUI response.
            IrfanView enumerates how many items are in the current folder and shows the current images' index in that count. In large folders (over 1,000 items), this becomes frustrating and causes IrfanView to become unresponsive for a while. It might not affect people with really fast computers, but an even slightly older system can

Comment

So there is no bug here. The program is working as expected. Maybe organise your images into a few folders, of disable folder browsing.

Comment

Working...
              X