Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As you can see from the attachment, there's a slight problem when working with white text.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Language file template

If somebody has time to translate, this is the template (note: it does not work on the current beta, you'll have to wait the next one); it may change a little, but there will be only minor modifications (maybe a pair of lines more).
      Here the naming convention for the language files.
      You can send at the usual address the translated file.
      Last edited by MItaly; 07.05.2008, 08:43 PM. Reason: Link update
      IrfanPaint developer
      The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
      IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I got an exception error while using the clone brush on a modest sized PNG image (662 x 374 Pixels). The problem seems to happen at higher zoom levels. I have sent you the details to the address on the error message dialogue.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 12.04.2008, 09:56 AM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Updated language file

Updated the language file for the new version that will come this evening or tomorrow.
          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.11.60 released

The new IrfanPaint beta release includes the following changes:
            • fixed a bug of the masked tools that could lead to stack corruption, heap corruption and IV crash;
            • fixed a bug in the clone tool UI that led to difficult tool usage;
            • now the clone tool behave correctly if you set a source point, scroll the image and start drawing;
            • fixed some Windows NT 4.0 compatibility issues;
            • reduced color depth of many icons and added low-color depth version for IrfanPaint logo icon to enhance Windows NT 4.0 compatibility;
            • now the text dialog is shown away from the text insertion point
            • better mask reusing/deleting in the masked tools (to avoid recreating continuously the mask or keeping useless big mask); this results in faster clone tool and color replacer tool with less memory usage;
            • new internal language file managment;
            • changed a little the structure of the language file;
            • added a [FileInfo] section to the language file with info about the translator, the language name and the target IrfanPaint version; the first two infos are displayed in the "About IrfanPaint" box;
            • more debug informations in BWDibSection class errors;
            • better event handling for the "Hold to preview" button;
            • little modifications of some dialogs;
            • updated credits;
            • added unificated number textboxes validating code;
            • added/edited some strings;
            • created the internal tool IPLFGen to generate quickly the language file templates.
            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I now get a language file not found error.

Edit: OK, saw your earlier post now.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.04.2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Updated. Language file error confirmed.

Nice work. And I just discovered the 'tolerance' dialog when using Fill Flood. Great.
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

That tolerance goodie is awesome.

Its: Belongs to "It"
                  It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                  ---------------------
                  Lose: Fail to keep
                  Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                  Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Yes. Life is much better if we have tolerance, but we do need to adjust it sometimes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Problem confirmed, I forgot to test the dll without the language file.
                      Just released a fixed version that also fixes another bug in the language file managment and adds the support for the * in the version field. Now if you write
                      Code:
                      [FileInfo]
                      ;...
                      TargetVersion=0.4.11.*
                      the language file will be accepted by any release whose version number begins with "0.4.11."; note that only the first asterisk is considered, since it marks the point where the comparison between the target version and the dll version stops. The comparison is just a string comparison, so if you write TargetVersion=0.4.11* will be accepted 0.4.11.61 as well as 0.4.110.512 or 0.4.11111111111.5; so it's better to put the asterisk always after a dot to avoid this kind of problems. Another tip: you should use the asterisk only for the last number, since I will never change resource IDs without changing the revision number (the number before the last).
                      Thus:
                      Code:
                      1. TargetVersion=0.4.11.61      <== good and foolproof, but you need to change it for every new release
                      2. TargetVersion=0.4.11.*       <== good, it's guaranteed to work fine (if I don't forget to change the release number :D )
                      3. TargetVersion=0.4.*          <== bad, I may change resource IDs when I change the release number
                      4. TargetVersion=0.4.11*        <== bad, this may rise the problem I described before
                      5. TargetVersion=*              <== very bad (no need to explain why)
                      6. TargetVersion=0.4.*.1        <== bad and the ".1" is useless; it is exactly the same as the 3.
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

That's better. It seems to be working nicely now.

Comment

Confirmed. Using 61.
                          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Confirmed that works fine or that the bug is still there?
                            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I haven't had that clone/zoom problem (I tried), but I notice an improvement in the clone in the new beta -- it used to not start painting until a second left click; now it goes right away. Good job (all of it). I don't know how I ever lived without it
                              Its: Belongs to "It"
                              It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                              ---------------------
                              Lose: Fail to keep
                              Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                              Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

2 MItaly
                                Confirmed Bhikkhu's latest report.
                                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment