X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
    Quite simple (and now that IP draws the image it's also very precise):
    Thanks for the code, but I'm no programmer, so it is hard to appreciate.

My question really revolved around accuracy of display. If a selection box is made on a zoomed in image, it will usually be incorrectly positioned in relation to the actual pixels of the image. Thus, a drawing in a selection box could be viewed as partly inside and partly outside the box, because the actual image pixels translate to many screen points, many of which could lie outside the mouse positioned selection box. Do you understand my point? How can this possibility be overcome. I think custom selection would, in theory, eliminate this problem. How can one see what they are really drawing when zoomed in?

Comment

It seems to be a limitation of Windows XP: icon-buttons (with the BS_ICON style) for some reason are not themed.
      So maybe think about to use a toolbar with buttons instead of regular buttons. Using the CCS_NOPARENTALIGN and CCS_NODIVIDER styles you can position the toolbar in the resource file to your preferred position.

If you are using a toolbar it is also easy to set the buttons to an indeterminate state (this information you are getting in the CHARFORMAT and PARAFORMAT). Indeterminate means that you selected a range of character with different formatting (like bold and not bold).

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
        Diff situation here.
        Pasting the Hirigana string works, The Katakana string fails.
        I don't know what to say, on my Windows XP SP3 machine it works; the first string is rendered with MS PGothic, the second with SimSun.
        Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
        Thanks for the code, but I'm no programmer, so it is hard to appreciate.
        Most of that code is simple math, it should be rather simple to understand.
        My question really revolved around accuracy of display. If a selection box is made on a zoomed in image, it will usually be incorrectly positioned in relation to the actual pixels of the image. Thus, a drawing in a selection box could be viewed as partly inside and partly outside the box, because the actual image pixels translate to many screen points, many of which could lie outside the mouse positioned selection box. Do you understand my point? How can this possibility be overcome. I think custom selection would, in theory, eliminate this problem. How can one see what they are really drawing when zoomed in?
        Yes, this is a problem; the approach that is used in my internal beta is to consider only fully selected pixels, but I think that I'll change this, making the selections snap to the pixel grid; the actual selection system is quite terrible.
        Originally posted by impdf View Post
        So maybe think about to use a toolbar with buttons instead of regular buttons. Using the CCS_NOPARENTALIGN and CCS_NODIVIDER styles you can position the toolbar in the resource file to your preferred position.

If you are using a toolbar it is also easy to set the buttons to an indeterminate state (this information you are getting in the CHARFORMAT and PARAFORMAT). Indeterminate means that you selected a range of character with different formatting (like bold and not bold).
        Yes, I think that it's a good solution. Thank you!
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

I don't know what to say, on my Windows XP SP3 machine it works; the first string is rendered with MS PGothic, the second with SimSun.
          Those are the same fonts I get, but it just comes out as rectangles. Is there some setting we don't have configured?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Font.png
Views:	1
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	79461

Comment

Are you sure you have installed the proper support for Eastern languages?
            (thanks Bhikkhu for the corrections )
            Last edited by MItaly; 17.11.2008, 05:09 PM.
            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Thanks, that special setting probably is the key. I won't try it though, as 230MB to install, is humongous.

Comment

AFAIK you should just check the two checkboxes in this dialog (you can open it by going in the Control Panel and double-clicking "Regional and language options"):

and click OK.
                Last edited by MItaly; 17.11.2008, 05:21 PM.
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I know, but I get this:

Name:	Box1.png
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	79463

Name:	Box2.png
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	79464

Comment

Well, I think it's normal (these languages require a lot of glyphs, so the new fonts will take a lot of space). I never actually installed them by hand (they were already installed when I bought this PC), so I never saw these two dialogs.
                    IrfanPaint developer

Comment

BTW, if you have Microsoft Office installed you should be able to render these strings using the font Arial Unicode MS.
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I have MS Office installed, but Arial Unicode MS is not. Is this an alternative to changing the language setting or is just another option? Do I have to change the default settings of Office to accomplish it?

Comment

Arial Unicode MS is a pan-Unicode font that includes a lot of glyphs, including the eastern languages ones. It should be installed automatically with MS Office, I don't know why you don't have it. Anyway, if you don't need to write/read in eastern languages you don't need to install these fonts.
                          BTW, here's another pan-Unicode font (shareware, $ 5).
                          IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Perhaps Western versions don't have it by default. I don't need it, but I was curious. Thanks!

Comment

Another “Bug” debugged. Thanks for your help.
                              Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 17.12.2008, 08:21 AM.
                              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

BTW, which font did you use in the end?
                                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Working...
                                X