X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
    I updated the big packet. but I'm alarmed :
    The Batch conversion dialog can't be called anymore in IV ... In any way..
    Confirmed.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

it´s working for me, but it has a new design:

steve
      Attached Files

Comment

Straightening tool is great! Would have liked that last year!

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
          Hi,

it´s working for me, but it has a new design:

steve
          But you're the one who broke it.

The problem seems to be linked to English_New.dll. Use the default language DLL and the Batch dialogue comes up OK.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            But you're the one who broke it.

The problem seems to be linked to English_New.dll. Use the default language DLL and the Batch dialogue comes up OK.
            Hi,

i am using the default language dll - but it has definitly a new design. I tried to open the batchdialog using the german.dll but as you said this is not possible (same with english_new.dll).

Maybe that´s the new interface in IrfanView 4.02

steve
            Attached Files

Comment

Steve, your window capture shows the "Properties" window has [OK] and [Abbrechen] buttons? (being German for cancel)

Whereas the underlying "Batch conversion" window shows [Cancel] and everything else in English.
              I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
              Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
                Steve, your window capture shows the "Properties" window has [OK] and [Abbrechen] buttons? (being German for cancel)

Whereas the underlying "Batch conversion" window shows [Cancel] and everything else in English.
                Hi,

i haven´t notice that before

Yes, maybe the button is a standard button so it uses the language of the operating system ...

steve

Comment

Great. I switched to the default language dll, and 'B' works. And, without announcement, the design of the dialog has indeed improved very well. The odd breakline when dragging the window bigger, as mentioned in some thread, has been replaced by a rightful solution in the layout.
                  Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

The Batch option works just fine here ... without any language.dll file (I always delete the Language folder), but beside the slight face lift in the B option, I don't see much of a change!

Back to the topic ... IP seems to work just great!

Comment

Yes, IP is the topic, but there's a lot of interaction with IV, so sometimes it can be quite relevant, if the behaviour differs from the version without IP. For example, if IP is activated, a 'space' to get to the next image is disabled.

But IP is great. I already saved substantial time not having to start PSP, just because I had to do a little cloning to move something, or wipe a spot with the background.
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

IrfanPaint b0.4.5.45

Here's the new version of IrfanPaint; it's quite likely that it will become the release included in the next release of IrfanView.
                        Here are the changes:
                        • fixed other parts of the "resample bug" (in particular for the floodfill/line/rectangle/ellipse tools);
                        • fixed a bug about the paintbrush/eraser cursor (it changed to a normal arrow while drawing);
                        • the picker color pane now hides if the cursor is not on the image;
                        • added some extra checks to internal procedures;
                        • fixed the dll unload bug (IV crashed if you tried to close IV with IP opened not using the X button or the ESC key);
                        • added the open arrowhead option to the arrow tool;
                        • removed some old and useless code.

The new version is available at the usual address; note that the exe changed, so you must download the full packet in order to have IP working.
                        BTW, I removed the Italian dll from the full packet (it was a courtesy for my very first alpha-testers - who are Italian -, but now that IP is tested by people of many countries it just makes the packet bigger).
                        Last edited by MItaly; 25.09.2007, 04:45 PM.
                        IrfanPaint developer
                        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Thanks, MItaly! Much appreciated!
                          Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

It just keeps getting better, thanks! MItaly!
                            Originally posted by MItaly
                            note that the exe changed, so you must download the full packet in order to have IP working
                            As for requiring the new "i_view32.exe" for the latest version of IrfanPaint to work. It might make it a bit more informative if there was a note if a certain version requires any, even newer modified .EXE.

The reason I brought this up, is that I completely understand that ALL versions require a modified i_view32.EXE. But I believe that as of version "IrfanPaint_b0.4.4.44" an even newer, modified .EXE is required. At least that is what I recall reading somewhere in this forum. But from your note above, it sounds like v4.5.45 requires a yet even newer .EXE! Actually, I believe the .EXE, that works for v4.4.44, is fine for v4.5.45 as well.

I don't believe that to be true, please correct me if I am wrong. Here is what I think to be true:
                            -------------------------------------------------
                            All IrfanPaint plugins require a modified i_view32.exe, available in these full packets. Newer versions require even newer modified i_view32.exe files. Please refer to this list.
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.5.45_bin+IV.zip **
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.4.44_bin+IV.zip **
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.3.43_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.2.42_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.2.41_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.2.40_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.39_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.38_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.37_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.36_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.35_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.34_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.33_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.32_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.31_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.30_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.29_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.1.28_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.0.27_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.0.25_bin+IV.zip *
                            • IrfanPaint_b0.4.0.22_bin+IV.zip *

* updated, newer i_view32.exe included
                            ** updated, even newer (v2) i_view32.exe included

If we are informed at which version level requires a particular .EXE then we won't have to waste the time downloading Full Packages. That was the reason you made the "Dll only" list, right?
                            Last edited by ChuckE; 25.09.2007, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
                              As for requiring the new "i_view32.exe" for the latest version of IrfanPaint to work. It might make it a bit more informative if there was a note if a certain version requires any, even newer modified .EXE.
                              The site is made of a pair of simple PHP scripts that work reading the folders on the webserver; since there's no DB under the site it's difficult to attach more infos to the list. The only thing I could change is the nomenclature of the packets, e.g. all the versions which need a new exe may be marked with a "NE" suffix. But I'd have to change the upload page... I'd like not to change it, I hate PHP.
                              But from your note above, it sounds like v4.5.45 requires a yet even newer .EXE! Actually, I believe the .EXE, that works for v4.4.44, is fine for v4.5.45 as well.
                              It works well in almost any situation, but the "resample bug", if you use the exe of the b4.4.44, isn't fully fixed (you may notice some strange behavior with the resample option).
                              Here is what I think to be true:
                              All IrfanPaint plugins require a modified i_view32.exe, available in these full packets. Newer versions require even newer modified i_view32.exe files. Please refer to this list.
                              [...]
                              This may be true (I don't remember exactly when Irfan sent me new EXEs), but, for the old packets, who cares? I think that nobody is interested in downloading very old versions of IP.
                              If we are informed at which version level requires a particular .EXE then we won't have to waste the time downloading Full Packages. That was the reason you made the "Dll only" list, right?
                              Yes; I think that I'll do this with a new nomenclature as stated above.
                              IrfanPaint developer
                              The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                              IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

If you assigned a subversion letter or number to the expected EXE for your plugin, then you could just let that version position to inform the reader.

For example, you right now have 4 positions for your build version.
                                Example: "b0.4.1.39" (I only selected that one because there won't be a confusion of the numbers in this example)

The "b0" (the 1st position) is currently a zero because, I assume, this is still a beta tool. Beta software often does have a "b" (for either Build or Beta) in it. I'd keep that.

The ".4" (the 2nd position) has always been a ".4" so I don't know what significance there is with that. But perhaps it is to align with the IrfanView major version number (v4.00).

The ".1" (the 3rd position) has gone through some changes. Initially there were three releases of .0's (in the 3rd position), twelve of the .1's; three of the .2's, and one each of the .3, .4 and .5. This is the field that I think is perfect for using as the informing a user whether or not a new .EXE is needed. You could even list the modified .EXEs per that 3rd position value.

The "39" (the 4th position) is always incrementing, as you progress through your released builds. I like that. I just wonder why you used a two-digit value. What is going to happen when you exceed .99?
                                When I was testing software where I worked (32+ years) I always hated it when subversion incremented from a single digit value to two digits (i.e. going from .9 to .10. Because in a filing system where the many versions were archived, the .1 through the .9 version were listed after the .9, grrrr).

Perhaps you could start using three-digits in the 4th position right now?
                                Last edited by ChuckE; 26.09.2007, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X