Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is a matter of hierarchy in the presentation of the current version. As ChuckE stated, it should give enough info in the way it is named, to indicate whether it is necessary to load a new beta-exe, along with the new dll.
    The hierarchy here is : Current IrfanView - modified exe version - modified dll.

To give a right reading as syntax of the filename, first I think the indication 2nd position with '.4' as IV version number isn't enough. Maybe soon IV 4.02 will be distributed with an integrated IP plugin. Then the whole situation starts all over again, concerning further developments. So the indicator should say .400 or at least for the next one .42.
    So if that shows up, it's clear that you've got the complete recent package, without needing further downloads.

The same is valid for the third position, as an indicator with the beta-number, if it stays the same, so only the dll is worth uploading, or going from 4 to 5, to indicate that you have to DL the according new beta-exe as well.
    The windoze file-order is a known thing, so if one expects to go upto hundreds, better start with 001.
    Otherwise renaming with adding digits as zero is possible to get the filelist right.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

By the time we get it all ironed out it won't be beta any more *chuckle*

I'm still trying to get used to the new batch dialog
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Still not fixed with other languages.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Just downloaded and installed '.45 package. Thanks!

Tried to find if this was already discussed. It may be too late to ask for at this stage of release, but would it make sense for each tool to remember its own line width setting? When switching between tools, I'm constantly adjusting the width back and forth.

Also, seems to be some slight glitch in the arrow tool. The open/closed arrow setting doesn't seem to stick - check box doesn't stay checked even during the same setting, and sometimes the arrow doesn't change after clicking the button. I guess I'd have to say that the arrow setting sticks in use, but every time I go to the arrow dialog box, the open head check box is unchecked and the arrow representation seems to be the closed arrow.

I do love this tool - very convenient to do markups to highlight a feature I'm discussing. Thanks again!

Comment

Matteo,
            Don't know if I'm too late, but would it be really difficult to include a Tolerance % for the FloodFill option? For example, if I say 30%, and I'm filling Red into a white area, any colour that has a 30% variance from white should get filled with red as well.

Also, I see a small check box with "Fill" written beside it ... this never seems to be enabled.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Paparazzi View Post
              Also, I see a small check box with "Fill" written beside it ... this never seems to be enabled.
              This checkbox is used by the circle and rectangle tools.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
                The "b0" (the 1st position) is currently a zero because, I assume, this is still a beta tool. Beta software often does have a "b" (for either Build or Beta) in it. I'd keep that.
                Anyway also when it will be released with IV I'll keep the 0 (but I'll remove the "b"): this to indicate that the dll is stable but that I don't think it's complete (maybe the first "1" version will be when I'll manage to add alpha-blended brushes and anti-aliased lines).
                The ".4" (the 2nd position) has always been a ".4" so I don't know what significance there is with that. But perhaps it is to align with the IrfanView major version number (v4.00).
                It has no relation with the IV version. It's something like the "stage" that the project reached (although I haven't any real roadmap for this project). In the early times it has been 0, 1, 2, 3, but only the "4" stage was made public.
                The ".1" (the 3rd position) has gone through some changes. Initially there were three releases of .0's (in the 3rd position), twelve of the .1's; three of the .2's, and one each of the .3, .4 and .5. This is the field that I think is perfect for using as the informing a user whether or not a new .EXE is needed. You could even list the modified .EXEs per that 3rd position value.
                This number indicates if I have made user-noticeable changes to the plug-in (e.g. if I added a new tool/dialog/option/...) or changed a lot of code (even if the user does not notice it - e.g. the precision cursors code rewriting itself would have justified an increase of this number).
                The "39" (the 4th position) is always incrementing, as you progress through your released builds. I like that. I just wonder why you used a two-digit value. What is going to happen when you exceed .99?
                I'm going to write "100". The sort problem you said is not very important, since I don't think that there are many people (except me) who collect every single release of IP. Moreover, when I'll change from two to three digits version number I'll change also the third number, so the sorting will be saved.
                Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                I think this is a matter of hierarchy in the presentation of the current version. As ChuckE stated, it should give enough info in the way it is named, to indicate whether it is necessary to load a new beta-exe, along with the new dll.
                The hierarchy here is : Current IrfanView - modified exe version - modified dll.
                I think that the best thing would be to make a better and more tidy site. When I'll be less busy with the real development I'll remake the site (maybe with a CMS).
                Originally posted by matera View Post
                By the time we get it all ironed out it won't be beta any more *chuckle*

Originally posted by jsc37227 View Post
                Tried to find if this was already discussed. It may be too late to ask for at this stage of release, but would it make sense for each tool to remember its own line width setting? When switching between tools, I'm constantly adjusting the width back and forth.
                It would be quite a mess. BTW, you can quickly change the pen width using Shift+mouse wheel.
                Also, seems to be some slight glitch in the arrow tool. The open/closed arrow setting doesn't seem to stick - check box doesn't stay checked even during the same setting, and sometimes the arrow doesn't change after clicking the button. I guess I'd have to say that the arrow setting sticks in use, but every time I go to the arrow dialog box, the open head check box is unchecked and the arrow representation seems to be the closed arrow.
                Whoa, you're right. I forgot to update some code to support that option.
                ---EDIT---
                Ok, fixed. The new revision (b0.4.5.46) is online. You have to download only the dll packet.
                Originally posted by Paparazzi View Post
                Matteo,
                Don't know if I'm too late, but would it be really difficult to include a Tolerance % for the FloodFill option? For example, if I say 30%, and I'm filling Red into a white area, any colour that has a 30% variance from white should get filled with red as well.
                It's another feature that I plan to add in the next release; I can't add it now because I'd have to write ex-novo a FloodFill procedure (actually I use the one provided by Windows GDI) that accept tolerance.
                It is enabled when you use tools that draw shapes that can be filled (arrow, rectangle and ellipse).
                Last edited by MItaly; 26.09.2007, 01:23 PM.
                IrfanPaint developer
                The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
                IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jsc37227

It would be quite a mess. BTW, you can quickly change the pen width using Shift+mouse wheel.
                  Thanks! Didn't know that.

Comment

For me Shift+Mouse wheel opens the next picture in the folder or scrolls within the current picture if it's very big. Have I missed something?
                    Get Radio? Sure! - the best Internet Radio Player ever?

Comment

It works only if the IP toolbar is opened.
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

I have it opened. But it does not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                          For me Shift+Mouse wheel opens the next picture in the folder or scrolls within the current picture if it's very big. Have I missed something?
                          Shift mouse wheel does nothing, whether the IV Paint toolbar is open or not. However, if you start painting, then it works.
                          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Not for me! *sob*
                            It just opens the next piccy in the folder.

Comment

Are you sure that the focus is on the IV window?
                              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Yes, quite sure. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Just tested this on my laptop. Works like a dream.
                                So I'll un- and re-install on my desktop and see how it goes.
                                Thanks for your time!
                                Last edited by Leif; 26.09.2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X