X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correction for my german language file

Hello Frank,

yes, there are some mistakes in these translation. I correct and send it back to Matteo. Thanks for your suggestions, I integrate them in the correction.

And to Leif:

Yes, it was not "a big deal", but I saw there wasn´t a translation in german and so I wrote it. Feel free to correct it and make it better. I know it´s easier to talking about an existing thing instead of translating it self .

Best regards,

Christian W.

Comment

Is there anyone who knows a better suggestion for the field "1429=spc=1 px. spc.\r\n.=1 px. Linie" in the brush settings (Pinseleinstellungen) ?

Best regards,

Christian W.

Comment

IrfanPaint 0.4.11.63 released

The new IrfanPaint stable release includes the following changes:
        • fixed a bug in the text rendering routine;
        • fixed a bug that made IV disappear from the Alt+Tab list when an IrfanPaint's modal dialog was shown;
        • removed the accelerators for OK and Cancel buttons (Microsoft guidelines says that they shouldn't have accelerators) and from the Foreground and Background tabs (they were useless);
        • reordered the tab order of the controls in the Pen & brush settings dialog;
        • enlarged some labels to help the translators;
        • added the INI file option "langFileOverride" to override the automatic language file detection;
        • fixed a bug in the "Center image in the window" option handling.

It's very likely that this IrfanPaint version will be the one shipped with the next version of IrfanView.
        IrfanPaint developer
        The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
        IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Thanks MItaly, nice work.
          I indeed think this can be a moment to ship IVP with the next package (4.11 ?).
          If I read the change list, I see just small adjustments as finetuning. No big dramatic issues.
          At this point, it's already a huge enrichment of the functions of IrfanView.
          Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I indeed think this can be a moment to ship IVP with the next package (4.11 ?).
            Anyway I have not many choices, the next IV version will be released very soon (it should be the 4.12 if I remember well).
            BTW, does anybody have an idea for a better IP icon? I'd need it in 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 format, since it's needed for the IP button on IV toolbar.
            IrfanPaint developer

Comment

If the IP button will be added on the toolbar, which is quite logical, will there still be the option of the F12 shortcut ?
              I'm quite content with the current IP icon as it is. A cat with some tools.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                If the IP button will be added on the toolbar, which is quite logical, will there still be the option of the F12 shortcut ?
                Yes.
                I'm quite content with the current IP icon as it is. A cat with some tools.
                The problem with this icon is that it's not scalable. If I resize it to 32x32 or to 16x16 it becomes incomprehensible.
                IrfanPaint developer

Comment

an idea for a IP icon

Originally posted by MItaly View Post
                  ... BTW, does anybody have an idea for a better IP icon? ...
                  Hi MItaly,

What do you think about an icon like paint pallet or paint brush and bucket?

best regards
                  Frank

Comment

Measure a distance

It would be great (at least for me ;-) to get a tool in IP to measure distances in an image (and not only horizontal and vertical). The result should be shown in a selectable format (pixel, cm, inch, ...). The measurement should be done by first selecting the tool, then clicking the first point in the image and the dragging the mouse to a second one. The result could also be copied to the clipboard to use it for a text operation.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      What do you think about an icon like paint pallet or paint brush and bucket?
                      It may be an idea, but I'd like to keep something in the icon that reminds IrfanView.
                      Originally posted by impdf View Post
                      It would be great (at least for me ;-) to get a tool in IP to measure distances in an image (and not only horizontal and vertical).
                      I already received a suggestion of a tool like this, but I'm going to add it after the next release of IrfanView, since now IP is in feature-freeze phase, so I only do bugfixing to obtain a really stable release for shipping with IV; I also wait to add it because I'd have to add new dialogs and new strings, thus I'd have to ask to the translators to translate them.
                      IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Feature-freeze phase is a right expression at this stage.

I'd like to keep something in the icon that reminds IrfanView.
                        Support +++
                        And IP is a tool, far beyond just a classic palette with some colors.

If I resize it to 32x32 or to 16x16 it becomes incomprehensible.
                        You're right about the poor scalabilty of the existing icons.
                        I have the IV icon in my TC-toolbar set at 24x24, which is rough, but recognizable.
                        I tried to scale the IP icon (48x48) to the same size, but it went fuzzy.
                        So the added tools in the hands of the cat become difficult, loosing details.

But, apart from adding things, there are alternatives to make a distinction between the basis app, and the plugin.
                        For example, using a blue cat instead of a red one, or make it striped.
                        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

This is the first time I've seen "Paint" (26/05/08) and I'm very interested.
                          I presume that this will do away with the necessity of having to open Corel Photopaint every time I want to make an adjustment not provided for in the IView 4.10 program (e.g. cloning, smudging &c.)
                          (I still have to go & try it out.)

Comment

Good instinct, Ouman.
                            IrfanPaint indeed is an elegant way not to have to start some bulky application, just for some straightforward adjustments.
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

This may be the new 48x48 IP icon:
                              Do you like it?
                              ---EDIT---
                              For the 16x16 icon (that would be displayed on the toolbar) I'd use the Paintbrush icon that is now used on the toolbar; if anyone has better ideas, please tell me.
                              Last edited by MItaly; 08.06.2008, 02:25 PM.
                              IrfanPaint developer

Comment

Yep, I like it.
                                I tested it in the TC custom bar as 24x24, but then it could serve with a brighter red.
                                BTW: Which toolbar ? If I run IV, I don't see any icon for IrfanPaint. (or option in the toolbar settings).
                                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                                X